This has to be one of my favorite weeks! I absolutely love reading all the posts that are shared by do many as I get ready to head back to school! I still have one more week left but as we all know, it will fly by!
Blog Hoppin is having an awesome week and I am so excited to participate!
So, here's what the week has to bring:
Make sure to check in at Blog Hoppin each day for new posts and you can add definitely join in on the fun and link your posts there as well. I will be hosting Tips and Tricks on Friday and I can't wait!
As for today, let me introduce myself!
1. I am the momma of a smart, beautiful ad talented ten year old that will be in fifth grade! I am still trying to wrap my brain around the fact that she is old enough to be in fifth grade and that this is her last year in elementary! I am going to need lots of tissues this year!
2. My best friend (other than my wonderful mom) is my baby puppy! He's name is Harrison and he is 12 years old. He is a Japanese Spitz, which kinda looks like a fluffier Pomeranian. He is the sweetest puppy ever!
3. I have taught for 14 years. After graduating from Texas A&M, I began teaching as a reading at-risk teacher. I then taught first grade for 11 years and second for 2 years. All of my experience has been in primary, until now...
4. I teaching fourth grade this year! I am excited and nervous! It will be an new chapter and exciting challenge and am definitely up to the task! The coolest part is that these kiddos were my babies in second grade and I can't wait to see how they have grown as learners!
5. I LOVE Starbucks....and coffee in general! My favorite is the Venti White Chocolate Mocha or a warm Chai Latte. I swear its Heaven in a cup!
6. I cook when I am stressed. I love to cook all the time but especially when stressed. For some reason, everything seems more clear after cooking up some of my favorites, especially Puerto Rican food.
7. I am Puerto Rican! I love everything about our culture from the music to the food and don't even get me started on the beauty of my little Island...simply breathtaking!
8. I have a few small addictions: clipart, fonts and office supplies. Let's face it, there is nothing like an amazing pen! Lol...
9. I was Teacher of the Year and District Teacher of the Year in 2012. It is some thing I am extremely proud of and am honored to have received.
10. I was almost finished with an undergrad in Biomedical Science (looking at becoming a Pediatrician) when I decided I wanted to be a teacher. With the support of my family and sorority sisters of Kappa Delta Chi, I made that dream a reality...
and here I am now! I love what I do and am so grateful I can share my ideas, thoughts and experiences with you all through blogging!
I hope you feel you know me a little better and I can't wait to read all about you all!
I would love for you all to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Blog Lovin so we can stay connected and don't forget to link up and introduce yourself on Blog Hoppin!