It's finally here! I absolutely love Teacher Week at Blog Hoppin' and can't wait to share a few things about me this week! It has been a crazy start to the school year so I am so glad to be able to take some time and do what I completely love...BLOG FOR YOU!
So here it goes....5 things that you are just dying to know about me!
1. I am a proud momma of a gorgeous girl that is the love of my life! She is my greatest source of joy and I am so amazed by her everyday. Beautiful, smart, kind, talented and funny...and my greatest blessing! She is growing up way to quickly and I think it really hit me this year, when I watched her at her Junior High Orientation. I have to keep reminding myself that I have to be present because time with my beautiful girl, the way that it is now, is flying by.
2. I have a fur baby that is 14 years old. He is my best friend and has been with me through all the good and not so good moments of my adult life. Harrison is the sweetest, loving little guy you could ever meet and one of my favorite ways to end the day is snuggled up to my sweet Harry.
3. I have been blogging for 4 1/2 years. Ya'll, I had to look it up because I wasn't completely sure. I have been following blogs for so long that I really have a hard time remembering how I taught with out all the incredible inspiration that I have found from blogs... not to mention all the amazing friends that I have made because of them. I never thought that blogging would be such a huge part of who I am, the people that I call friends and the teacher that I have become.
4. I am a proud member of the Blog Hoppin' crew! Yes, I am one lucky lady...not only do I get to blog along side the very ladies that inspired me to create this little piece of the word that I call Curls and a Smile, but they are always there for me and are constantly pushing me to be a better blogger, teacher and friend. I owe them so much and I hope that I make them proud!
5. I have been a teacher for 16 years. I spent 11 years in first grade, 2 years in second and 3 years in fourth grade. In that time, I have been lucky to have been chosen as Teacher of the Year for my school and also Elementary Teacher of the Year for the District. It still feels like a dream and I spend everyday making sure to live up to that honor.
But wait... there is more!! Here are some fun fast facts....ready....?
I love coffee, like seriously love it...alot.
I am totally addicted to office supplies and am super picky about my pens,..and other supplies.
Technology is amazing and I use it in class all the time!
I love using technology to connect with other teachers!
Books are my escape and I read several books at one time!
Make sure to join the fun over at Blog Hoppin' by linking up or reading along this week!