Saturday, July 19, 2014

Bright Ideas Blog Hop- A Little Trick for Duck Tape

It's that time again!!! It's time for the monthly Bright Ideas Blog Hop and I have a fun little trick for you!


I don't know about you but I just love duct tape! It's comes in about a gazillion different colors and patterns and it can be used for so many different purposes! Long ago are the days of that yucky plain gray tape!

One of the many ways that I use it in class is to prepare my interactive notebooks for my students. 
Duct tape can be used on the binding to help organize the subjects by color/pattern and are perfect for creating pockets in the back of your notebooks for all those little loose ends. 


But here are two little tricks that I use when cutting duct tape:
1. Save your place! I can't tell you how many times I can't find the end of the tape. 
So what I do is place a paperclip to mark the start! Simple....but it works like a charm!


Don't you love it?!?

2. Use wax paper to cut your duct tape. It won't stick to your scissors or to itself and 
you can actually cut it in a straight line! It's awesome and so simple!


Hopefully you will find these just as useful as I did! 

If you would like to know more about my interactive notebooks 
just click here!

If you enjoyed this bright idea, please consider joining me on 
FacebookInstagramPinterest or Twitter for more great ideas.

Thanks for stopping by! Make sure to check out the rest of the Bright Ideas!



10 comments:

Kate said...

I'm definitely adding pockets to the back of our science journals this year. Duck tape...so smart! Thanks for the BRIGHT idea :)
http://katesclassroomcafe.blogspot.com/
Kate

Jayne Gammons said...

Great tips! Thanks, Jayne
Great tip! Thanks, Jayne
Smart Kids
ABCs of Reading

Gina Marie said...

The link up closed as I was working on my post!!! Here is a link to my Bright Idea if you want to take a look. Changing students' seats: no hassle!! http://misspelusoskindergarten.blogspot.com/2014/07/changing-students-seats-no-hassle.html

Gina

Jennifer @ Simply Kinder said...

I so needed this when I did last month's bright idea! That stuff is so hard to cut... you are a genius!

Jennifer
Simply Kinder

Kathy Griffin said...

Wax paper!!! Brilliant. My scissors are a mess. Thanks for sharing.
Kathy Griffin’s Teaching Strategies

Unknown said...

Wax paper and paper clip......genius! Thanks for sharing these tips! So glad I stopped by!

Traci

Primary Planet said...

My goodness! That is brilliant! Thank you!
Hilary
Second Grade is Out of This World!

Sally said...

I knew about the paper clip, but I didn't know about the waxed paper! I'll have to try this!

Sally from Elementary Matters

Terri said...

Thanks for the tip. I use the paper clip and now will go buy some wax paper for my classroom!!!!
Terri
Terri's Teaching Treasures

Growing Gracefully in Third Grade said...

Wax paper...what a smart idea! Whenever I try to cut up duct tape on its own, it makes a gunky mess! Thank you! :)

Kelsey
http://growinggracefullyinthirdgrade.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment