Saturday, August 16, 2014

Bright Ideas Blog Hop - Meet the Teacher Communication Booksmarks

It's that time again! I love the Bright Ideas Linky and this idea is just in time for Meet the Teacher! School here starts for me on Monday and the kiddos will come to school on Friday for one of the BIGGEST events of the year... Meet the Teacher!

It is such an important day... and you know what they say about a first impression...make it good! It's your first meeting with parents and students and sets the tone for a great year!

One of the most important things that I want my parents to know is that I truly want to be there for their children...and for them. Communication is critical and it starts on day one!


When parents and students arrive, they begin to look around and become familiar with our classroom.  On my boards, I create posters for the parents with all the ways to communicate with me and be involved in our classroom. Each of these have QR Codes for quick and easy access to tons and tons of websites and resources that are used to communicate. From my Teacher Wish List to my phone number/email, all parents have to do is scan and save! It's that easy!

 

Now, some parents may need to leave or may not be able to make the event so this is a little trick that I think will make a great resource, not only for Meet the Teacher, but all year long!

Those same little QR Codes that I created (I use the website qrstuff.com) can be saved. Once made, they can be used as part of your teacher signature in your emails or posted to your social media. My favorite are these little guys.....

These bookmarks make a WONDERFUL way to get the information to all parents, can be out on a frig at home after Meet the Teacher and can also be handed out throughout the year (parent conferences, new students, the possibilities are endless!)

If you enjoyed this bright idea, please consider joining me on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest for more great ideas.


For more bright ideas more than 100 different bloggers, please browse through the link-up below and choose a topic/grade level that interests you. Thanks for visiting!


2 comments:

Jennifer @ Simply Kinder said...

Smart phones are everywhere now.. why not get parents used to it! Makes sharing so much easier on our end for sure! Great idea!

Jennifer from Simply Kinder

Ms. Morgart said...

Thanks Jennifer! Yes, they are and it makes everything so easy!!

Post a Comment