Saturday, August 22, 2015

Bright Ideas Link Up- Time Saving Tips

I am so glad to be back for another awesome Bright Ideas Link up! As the school year begins, it is always a great time to find ways to save a little time. Here are a few of my favorite ways to be effective and get a little more done!


When I am grading, I always use Groovy Grader. It is an app that resembles our old green Easy Grader (oh you know what I am talking about...LOL)! I have it installed on both my iPhone and iPad and it is so convenient when I am grading just about anywhere! It's a must have for sure!

Another fabulous way that I save time is using Dropbox. This has to be my favorite way to store and access my files and allows me to be able to work on lesson plans, class resources and products for Teachers Pay Teachers just about anytime, anywhere. Now more carrying a 5 or 6 flash drives! All I need is right there on any computer that I have installed it on or through the iPad and iPhone apps.I can also access the website from any wired device. 


Another way that I save time (and build relationships with parents) is using what might very well be one of my favorite apps ever...Remind! I can send text messages to my parents to remind them of all the great things going on at school! The app as been updated to include the ability to send pictures, files and even chat with your parents through the app! You can set office hours so that you will not be disturbed at home and allows you to respond when you are ready. It is the absolute best!!


Thanks for stopping by! If you enjoyed this bright idea, please consider joining me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest. 

For more bright ideas from a variety of other bloggers, please browse through the link-up below and choose a topic/grade level that interests you. Thanks for visiting!

8 comments:

Retta said...

You have just described three of my favorite teacher things! That Groovy Grader is absolutely the best!

Michele Luck said...

Love your tips. I've never seen Groovy Grader, so I'll need to check it out ASAP! Thank you!

Hello Mrs Sykes said...

I'm a huge fan of Dropbox and Remind, but how did I miss Groovy Grader? Thanks for the tip!
Hello Mrs Sykes

ES said...

I love dropbox!

My Bright Blue House

More than Math by Mo said...

Thanks for these great time saving ideas!
-Monique
More Than Math by Mo

Suzanne said...

Great tips! Anything to save time, right?

Krazy Town

The Colorful Apple said...

Haha I still have the old-school Easy Grader, maybe it's time to upgrade! I think I might try out Remind this year too. Thanks for the tips!

Sara :)
The Colorful Apple

Sally said...

I think I'm due to try out Remind!

Sally from Elementary Matters

Post a Comment