Friday, January 3, 2014

New Year's Resolutions with Blog Hoppin- Fitness

Another fabulous day of planning for 2014 and this one I think may be the one that I am the most excited about...fitness! Ok, seriously don't laugh! I am really excited about this one because I am coming in with a plan and believe that this is going to be the year that I finally get this weight and fitness issue under control! 

This is the plan:


1. My gifts are my motivation. 
This Christmas and for my birthday I asked for anything that  would keep me motivated. I appreciate everything that my family has given to me and I want to make sure to show that appreciation by putting their sweet presents to good use! The only thing I need is a couple of tops and I am ready to go...I am pretty sure that means I get to go shopping....win-win! Woohoo!



2. Get back to my running routine with Couch to 5K.
If you are trying to get build up to becoming a runner then this is the app for you. I love this app and was really good about it until the craziness of  December hit and throw my schedule off. But no more! This girl will be out there days of the week for sure! More if I can swing it! 


3. Plan for Diet 
Right now, I'll be honest. It's make it until I get back to work. Monday will be the day that I can finally get a handle of all the holiday and birthday eating! I am the first to admit that I have done just about every diet out there but the one thing I have noticed through it all is a) my body does not like bad carbs even though they taste oh so good and b)I need to eat smaller meals/ snacks rather than big meals. I have done Atkins and was very successful with that and I have also done Weight Watchers lost weight, but I don't stick to it and that is the BIG PROBLEM. 

So with what I do know, I am now looking into the Paleo Diet. A very sweet friend of mine, Rachelle, had amazing success with it and the more I read about it, the more it sounds like me! I am still doing a little more research and making sure that it's something that I can sustain but with all the support I get from my Facebook groups, friends and family...it's looking like a great choice!

4. Drink more water....GULP!
Seriously,  I am more of a coffee and diet coke kinda girl but I also know that when I do drink water....it does kinda sorta do all the things that people always rave about. My way around this, while I get use to it, is to flavor that H2O! I have been on Pinterest and already have several yummy looking choices and that makes me a happy girl! All I need now is a GIGANTIC water bottle (and I am sure that it would help if it were really cute)...which is on my list with my tops for running...sweet!!

Now, it's your turn! 
Take a look at awesome post by my dear friend Kelley over at Blog Hoppin and join in the fun! 



3 comments:

Emily said...

Have you tried your watch yet? What brand? I've been looking at different ones… hadn't seen one without a chest strap… I'm interested!

Ms. Morgart said...

My watch is the Mio Motiva Petite and I love it!! I am wearing it to get use to all the buttons but it is the best little watch...and I think you will love it too!!

Unknown said...

Bravo! You did an excellent job up there!
Wish you all the best :)
I am waiting for this amazing 21-day Fix Program and I'm really excited to try it out..
Would you be interested to comment about it ?

Post a Comment