Monday, March 28, 2011

Ten Things I have Learned from Teaching Linky Party

I am so sorry for not posting sooner but this past week was C.R.A.Z.Y.
Grades were due and that is just stressful!
But....
all is well now as we start the fourth (and LAST) nine weeks!

Being a teacher has taught me many valuable lessons, so when I saw that Jennier at Rowdy in First Grade was having a linky party, I was excited to share my thoughts....

1. Good teachers are smart enough to learn from GREAT teachers.
2.The school day ends at 2:30 but a teachers day continues for many more hours.
3. Teaching is not a "leave it at the office" type of  job. You will find yourself at the store, on vacation, at the book store, thinking "The kids are going to love this!!"

4. Always buy as many extra school supplies as possible during the summer because there will always be children that depend on you for help and support.

5. Start planning for August in May.
6. Teachers do not have summers off. Considered it a really long planning period.

7. Beg, borrow....and create new ideas and activities for your students constantly.

8. You can never be overly prepared when working with kids.
9. Keep a postive attitude, even when it seems impossible.

10. Capture their hearts and you will capture their minds.

I truly believe that teaching is a calling and it is not for everyone. Even after the long hours, stacks of papers that need to be graded, parent conferences, lesson plans....I love what I do and am grateful to be able to spend my days educating young minds.



0 comments:

Post a Comment