Saturday, March 22, 2014

Camp Write Along

I teach fourth grade in Texas (my first year ever) and it's spring...so you know what that means....my  fourth grade kiddos will be taking the STAAR (State of Texas Assessments of Academic ReadinessWriting Test in just a few days! They will be accountable for editing and revising and two written compositions. One will be an expository composition and the other will be narrative.We use the week before to have a ton of fun, while reviewing for the test, by creating 
Camp Write Along for our kiddos! 
        
        Our amazing parents decorated the hallway near our classrooms and did an AMAZING job! 
Don't you just love it?


It will be a week of exciting and fresh review activities, created just for the kids....and I can't wait! I spent time Friday transforming my room from a classroom to a camp site, complete with a tent and fire all ready to go! I will be sharing the week's events throughout the week so make sure to stop by and check it out!


I will be sharing tons of ideas as we go through the week so make sure to stop by and check it out!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your decorations! Our fourth graders just finished Camp Write Along last week. It's always so awesome to see our whole school support the fourth graders get ready for the STAAR test. Good luck!
Love Teaching Kids

Alison Rose said...

I can't wait to read about your Camp Write Along. Our 4th grade does something similar with a Writer's University the week before our state writing tests. Your decorations look amazing!
Alison
Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

Post a Comment