Monday, November 24, 2014

Thanksgiving Thankfulness with Blog Hoppin- Traditions


Today is the first day of a week full of thanks with Blog Hoppin'! Thanksgiving begins one of my absolute favorite times of the year! The cool weather, warm coffee and thoughts of all the wonderful holidays that will soon fill our calendars but more importantly our hearts and homes...

One of my Thanksgiving traditions is watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. I remember as a little girl waking up and running to the tv to see all my favorite characters, larger than life, float down the avenue that was decorated with tinsel and lights. I would sit in anticipation of The Radio City Rockettes, waiting to see their glamorous costumes and amazing dancing to popular Christmas music. I would sing along with the Broadway performers and pretending to be on the big stage...

But my favorite, my absolute favorite, is when Santa finally appears at the end of the parade! It was what I desperately waited for as a little girl, the man in the red suit, ushering in the holiday season. Now, as an adult, I still watch with the same anticipation...except now, I watch my daughter and get a small lump in my throat when I think about how truly blessed I am to share this with her...and to have her in my life. 

Thanksgiving and the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade are moments in the year that I always look forward to and can't wait to enjoy with family and friends, This is the time of year that we all truly turn to what is most important to us and for that I am truly thankful.

What are you thankful for? Join us at Blog Hoppin' and share your stories with us! 



2 comments:

Barton's Buzz said...

I would have to watch the Macy's parade from school as I'm Canadian. We had our Thanksgiving in October. I love that - but I also love your Thanksgiving! Some of my friends make a turkey dinner even though they have to work that day. The holidays are upon us. Enjoy yours!!
-Lisa
Grade 4 Buzz

Karen Stamp said...

We watch the parade every year too!!
Karen :o)
Mrs. Stamp's Kindergarten

Post a Comment