Friday, June 24, 2011

The Book Whisperer Linky Party

I am having a great time reading the book The Book Whisperer! If you haven't had a chance to read it.....you will love it!! You also have plenty of time to start before the book study begins next week :)

Thinking of Teaching was able to score a great interview with Donalyn Miller and is having a linky party to share some of our answers to the same questions that Donalyne answered. It makes for a fun read....

So here are my answers to the questions that were asked ....wait for it......wait for it......ok, here I go!!!

1) What is your favourite book (or series) from childhood?
I loved anything that I could get my hands on! I have always been a huge reader. When I was younger I liked The Bearstien Bears and Amelia Bedelia. As I got older, I enjoyed reading The Babysitters Club and the Choose Your Own Mystery books (I must have tried every combination possible!)

2) What is your favourite book (or series) now?
Now a days, I read just about anything that interests me.  Right now, I am reading Water for Elephants for entertainment and several professional books to get ready for the new school year. I have a great big stack of books that are sitting onmy nightstand at all times!

3) What is your opinion of e-readers?
I have a kindle and would REALLY like a Nook Color. I have mixed feelings about the e-readers because although that are super convient, I LOVE BOOKS! I love everything about books- the feel of the book in my hands, dog ears, cute book marks, the feeling of accomplishment when you turn the last page....it adds to the experience of reading!

4) Finish this sentence: "On Sundays I like to..."
Spend time with my family....it is the one day of the week that everyone is home :)


5) Describe yourself in 5 words!
Dedicated, compassionate, Mommy, sister, daughter

6) Hardcover or paperback? Why?
If it is a book that I am dying to read....I'll get it in hardback. Most of the time, I enjoy paperback books because they are easier to hold and are easier to carry in my purse.
7) Coffee or Tea?
If you know me than you know I {heart- a million times} coffee! I can't think of a better pair- coffee and books!
Now, it's your turn! Click on over to Thinking about Teaching to join in and read Donalyn Miller's answers as well!

5 comments:

Jill said...

I forgot about Choose Your Own Adventure books! I used to love those! I bought a book like that for a friend of mine; it's like an adult version of Choose Your Own Adventure... I can't remember what it's called though!

Magnificent Multiagers!

Beth said...

Thanks for joining in with the linky party! Are you getting as excited to start the read along as me? I can't wait to read about everyone else's opinions etc!!
Beth

Mrs. Brown said...

Thanks for participating in Miss Kindergarten's birthday party giveaway@ You are AWESOME!

Pam Everitt said...

Thanks for being an awesome blogger!

Mrs. D said...

You're awesome! Thanks for being a part of Miss Kindergarten's birthday giveaway!

Post a Comment